Distributed ledger technologies, digital supply chains, robotics, agricultural automation.
- Rogers, H., Dawson, B., Clawson, G., and Fox., C. (2021) ‘Extending an Open Source Hardware Agri-Robot with Simulation and Plant Re-identification’, Oxford Autonomous Intelligent Machines and Systems Conference 2021.
- Bennett, J., Moncur, B., Fogarty, K., Clawson, G., and Fox, C. (2022) ‘Towards Open Source Hardware Robotic Woodwind: an Internal Duct Flute Player‘ International Computer Music Conference.
- Clawson, G. (2022) ‘SUB-SPARC: Investigation of Imperfect Teachers’, UK Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference: Robotics for Unconstrained Environments Proceedings.
- Clawson, G., and Fox., C. (2022) ‘Blockchain Crop Assurance and Localisation’, UK Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference: Robotics for Unconstrained Environments Proceedings.
- International Computer Music Conference 2022: Towards Open Source Hardware Robotic Woodwind: an Internal Duct Flute Player
- UK Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference 2022: Blockchain Crop Assurance and Localisation
- 23rd Towards Autonomous Robotics Systems (TAROS) Conference 2022: Blockchain Crop Assurance and Localisation
- AgriFoRwArdS CDT Annual Conference 2022: Applications of Distributed Ledger Technologies in Robotics.
- UK Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference 2022: SUB-SPARC: Investigation of Imperfect Teachers.
- Best Poster Award at the AgriFoRwArdS CDT Annual Conference 2022
- Best Paper Award at the 5th UK Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference 2022
- IMechE Whitworth Senior Scholarship Award 2022
Other Activities and Outputs
- Member of the AgriFoRwArdS CDT Advisory Board
- Member of the AgriFoRwArdS CDT EDI Panel
- Cohort 3 representative on AgriFoRwArdS CDT Student Panel
- Panel member for the November 2021 AgriFoRwArdS Seminar Series with Prof Dionysis Bochtis, watch here.
- Panel member for the February 2022 AgriFoRwArdS Seminar Series with Dr Mark Ryan, watch here.
- Panel member for the May 2022 AgriFoRwArdS Seminar Series with Ali Capper, National Farmers Union, watch here.
- Panel member for the June 2022 AgriFoRwArdS Seminar Series with Prof Megan Povey, University of Leeds, watch here.
- Chaired the March 2022 AgriFoRwArdS Seminar Series with Ayse Kucukyilmaz, watch here.
- Represented the CDT at the Douglas Bomford Trust bi-annual meeting (Mar 2022)
- Represented the CDT at the school outreach University of Lincoln British Science Week event (Mar 2022)
- Represented the CDT at the University of Lincoln, Boston College: Institute of Technology outreach event (June 2022)
- Lead on the AgriFoRwArdS CDT student blog
- Lead on the CDT/L-CAS submission for the UKRAS RoboLab Live 2022, watch here.
Prior to joining the AgriFoRwArdS CDT, I spent over two decades in the heavy manufacturing industry working within a variety of roles. My career began through a vocational route with a focus on production engineering. I spent several years in process improvements which involved developing new systems for automation. I am currently reading for my MSc in Robotics and Autonomous Systems, having recently graduated with a BSc(Hons) in Computer Science from the University of Lincoln. As part of the AgriFoRwArdS centre for doctoral training I am excited about exploring robotics and autonomous systems in the unstructured and complex environment that agriculture presents. I will be completing my PhD research at the University of Cambridge where I am thrilled to join the Industrial Resilience Research Group (IRRG) within the Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) under the supervision of Dr Mukesh Kumar.
Applications of Distributed Ledger Technologies in Robotics
Increased farm level robotisation driven by the fourth agricultural revolution has focused research on distributed ledger technologies (DLT) to investigate how trust in robotics and autonomous systems can be enhanced through decentralised frameworks for decision making and consensus building. Applications in agri-tech, industrial, embedded, and multi-robot systems have seen some growth in the adoption of DLTs. However, implementations are currently ad-hoc and held back due to limited middleware availability and no standardised technology readiness level available to identify DLT maturity. This project aims to address this gap through the development of a novel Blockchain Readiness Level (BRL) and an associative middleware DLT bridge.
Title to be confirmed