- Millard, A., Ravikanna, R., Groß, R., and Chesmore, D. (2019) ‘Towards a Swarm Robotic System for Autonomous Cereal Harvesting’, 20th Annual Conference Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems (TAROS), pp. 458-461, doi:10.1007/978-3-030-25332-5_40.
- Ravikanna, R., Hanheide, M., & Gautham, D., and Zhu, Z. (2021) ‘Maximising availability of transportation robots through intelligent allocation of parking spaces’, Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems Annual Conference 2021, doi:10.1007/978-3-030-89177-0_34.
- Ravikanna, R., Millard, A. (2021) ‘Task Allocation with Manipulative Dynamic Auctioneering for Multi Robot Systems’, UKRAS2021 Conference ‘Robotics at home’ Proceedings, doi:10.31256/ls2Kk7K.
- Lincoln Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (2020): Task Allocation in Multi Robot Systems using Dynamic Manipulative Bidding Strategy.
- International Women in Engineering Day (2021): The perks in studying robotics – Watch here (talk starts at 58.00 minutes).
- AgriFoRwArdS CDT Annual Conference (2021): Allocation of Parking Spaces for Autonomous Agricultural Robots.
- UKRAS Conference 2021 (2021): Task Allocation using Manipulative Dynamic Auctioneer System.
- Festival of Fresh (2021): Maximising availability of fruit transportation robots through intelligent allocation of parking spaces.
- Joint Robotics and Autonomous Systems CDT Conference (2021): Maximising availability of transportation robots through intelligent allocation of parking spaces.
- Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems Annual Conference (2021): Maximising availability of transportation robots through intelligent allocation of parking spaces.
Other Activities and Outputs
- Member of the AgriFoRwArdS CDT Drink Outside the Box Organisation Committee.
- Took part in the AgriFoRwArdS Summer School 2021 resulting in co-authored presentation at the AgriFoRwArdS CDT Annual Conference 2021: Automated Counting of Grapes (in collaboration with Laurence Roberts-Elliot, William Osmond, Clement Aardweg, Bradley Hurst).
- Member of the discussion panel for Jeff Keiser’s Keynote presentation at the AgriFoRwArdS CDT Annual Conference 2021, ‘30+ Years of AgriTech… What have we learned? …and, how do we apply that for the Future?’.
- Represented the CDT at the the Fresh Produce Consortium festival event in 2021.
- Panel member for the March 2022 AgriFoRwArdS Seminar Series with Ayse Kucukyilmaz, watch here.
- Represented the CDT at the school outreach University of Lincoln British Science Week event 2022.
Leaky Integrate Neuron Model for Multi Robot Task Allocation
The evolution of methodologies in Multi Robot Task Allocation is surveyed. Various classifications of Taxonomy in the domain is compared to the relevance of its application. An idea for a novel ‘Leaky Integrate and Fire’ Neuron Model for Multi Robot Task Allocation is presented along with the explanation of its biological theory. This is used as an inspiration to model a setup of heterogenous autonomous Multi Robot system in a farmland environment. The model would be simulated as a software using Python. Performance of the system will be evaluated and compared to that of a traditional Market based approach. Findings shall be drawn and Results are to be summarised.
Fleet Management of Autonomous Agricultural Robots with Human Awareness
Fleet management of autonomous agricultural robots is fundamental to fully autonomous farming practices as it addresses the issues of conflict resolution, resource and efficiency optimisation when dealing with a fleet of homogenous or heterogenous robots. The abstract of the proposal for this PhD would be integrating human behaviour models with the navigation and task allocation system of autonomous fleets for better path planning evading possible conflicts and deadlock situations between robot-robot and human-robot(s). The study will focus on the proxemics, human behaviour modelling using decision prediction and neuroscientific methods, path planning, fleet coordination and human robot ethics.